Friday, September 21, 2012

Raw Maca Bars #2

Last night was dinner at mum's. Lots of silliness and good food.


It's a good thing I topped up the fun banks because I've spent most of today in statistical pain, grinding my way through two apparently simple ANOVA (analysis of variance) problems. Excruciating.

On my lunch break I whipped up a batch of  maca bars, protein pumped version. These are really yummy: in fact, I might rename them Magical Vanishing Bars. Just the thing for a bad stats day.


Raw Maca Bars #2

Ingredients

200g dried apricots
100g prunes
50g raisins
70g Maca Lepidium Chacon
45g WPC (I used Sana unflavoured, you could use a vege protein to make these vegan)
tbsp quinoa flour (or other type, it's just to stabilise things a bit)

80g coconut oil
70g maple syrup

tsp salt
tsp ascorbic acid (optional)

Method

Melt the coconut oil with maple syrup over low heat. While that is happening process all the dried fruit, ascorbic acid and salt in the food processor until it is broken up and sticking together.

Add the maca, WPC and flour to the dried fruit and process while slowly adding the coconut oil/maple mix.

When it is all combined, press the mix (it will be very sticky) into a silicon pan, or press between two sheets of baking paper and freeze for at least an hour.

Cut into 12 pieces. These are best stored in the fridge or freezer.

Nutritonal deets below:






Next post: more about maca - it's not just a funny smelling brown powder. :D

3 comments:

  1. Yum, these sound amazing.... I miss dried fruit :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a processor - might try it in the blender? It might be 'chunkier' but I think it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:41 am

    ANOVA is fun! It takes a while to understand, but once you get it, you have it ;) Just try and stay sane in between. Are you using SPSS?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.