Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Busy Bee, Healthy Bee

For the next week, I'm going to be a busy, busy bee. There are three university assignments to get finished and it's time for another production run of Sana stuff - that's always a kind of crazy time. It is quite fun to see the new product when it's done though. It gives me a little buzz, which I guess is a sign that I'm on the right track with this whole health business / health study malarky.

I've also got The Programmer home sick with strep throat. As you can imagine, I have him on a strict regime of pro-biotics (to balance the antibiotics he's on), vitamins, healthy food, rest and no kissing. Also, no beer, even though the Rugby World Cup in on. I'm a slave-driver. 

Yesterday I had to head out to see the guys at Puraz and snapped a few pics on the way. I have to say that Merivale, being a high socio-economic part of town, is certainly racing ahead with putting itself back together after the quakes. I saw my first container shop there; it was swanky, expensive Quinns. :D If it's good enough for them, it should be more than good enough for the $2 shop.

I drove past some things that made me feel a bit sad. The Knox church:


Pre-earthquake, it looked like this:
Source
I also saw one of two tower clocks that have stopped at the time of the quake:

It's been 12.51pm on that clock since February 22nd.

After getting a bit depressed through exposing my poor wee mind to reminders of earthquake destruction, it was necessary to do some food shopping, which is guaranteed retail therapy for fitness bloggers.

I found this thingy at the Liberty Market:

It's Daikon - pickled Japanese radish.  Not sure what to do with it, I added some slices to last nights super healthy feast - fish, veges, shaved raw parmesan. I think there is some seaweed in there too. I'm feeling a bit experimental, clearly.
Have you tried anything new lately? 

Ok, back to it. Just . 2000 . words . to .go......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what's in your brain, your heart or your dinner plate :D.